Specialist Subject Leaders of Education (SLEs)
SLEs are outstanding middle and senior leaders in positions below the headteacher, with at least two years’ leadership experience. They have a particular area of expertise (such as a subject area, early years, behaviour, inclusion) and a successful track record of school improvement.
Dartmoor Leaders in Education (DLEs)
The DLE role is a pre-SLE designation and led by us as a teaching school. It follows similar models in Plymouth that have been successful. It is designed for outstanding teachers who are relatively new to having a responsibility or leadership role and / or have had limited opportunities at this stage of their career to work across their school or in other schools. The expectation is that DLE status is a two-year role, leading to SLE designation.
Benefits of being a system leader
- Receive training in how to coach and support other leaders
- Become part of a network of outstanding leaders
- Moral purpose: showing commitment to improving outcomes for all children
- Develop and sharing your expertise; and at the same time learning from effective practice in other schools
- Deepen your leadership skills
- Excellent experience to support career development
- Being part of a school-led system of improving education
Teachers and leaders from schools or academies in the Dartmoor Teaching School Alliance are eligible to apply if they meet the specific criteria for each role. Full details of eligibility criteria for both SLEs and DLEs are available in Application Guidance documents.
Applicants are required to complete the Application and Reference Form. The deadline for applications in Monday 9th January 2017 (noon). All applications should be sent to email@example.com
Find out more
An introductory letter and application guidance is available via your headteacher or on www.dartmoortsa.org.uk (go to ‘what we do’ section).
If you have any queries please contact Martin Smith:
01837 650910 | 07837 652557 | firstname.lastname@example.org