Key aims are:
1. Tackle unconscious bias and stereotyping of women at work, especially around promotion
2. Increase opportunities for career breaks, return to work and family friendly working patterns
3. Increase career management support for women
4. Develop confidence and resilience so that women feel able to drive their career forward
Our vision is:
Our vision is to grow a regional teacher equality network, with a focus on leadership and gender (though not exclusively as other factors, such as ethnicity, LGBT could be addressed in the same way). This would be comprised of up to 24 smaller networks, varying in size, composition and format, but would share the following features:
- Engage members through range of media, with a focus on social media platforms such as facebook, linkedin and twitter
- Be lead by an inspiring role model, with a successful track record of leadership that is committed to overcoming barriers to women (and other groups under-represented in leadership) becoming leaders.
- Draw membership from a range of backgrounds, including class teachers, trainee teachers, school governors, senior leaders from education and other public sectors, and leaders from private sector.
- Members would be identified and / or recruited by Women into Leadership Champions, who will be key change agents. Each network would agree a Network Lead to co-ordinate activity.
- Key activities for networks would stem from our key aims and objectives (see above).
- Women into Leadership Champions would be recruited with the support of Regional TSC Links. They would be outstanding leaders with a high level of commitment to equality, especially gender. We will provide an intensive programme of support to our champions, including: training in network facilitation skills, use of social media, regulations and laws surrounding equality.
Building a partnership with:
As well as building new networks, we will aim to build on existing networks with the SW, including:
- 'Glass Lift' - specialists in the field of gender equality - view web site here
- Teaching School Council SW
- National Governors' Association
- Phase Associations
- Leadership Trade Unions
Over the coming weeks we will be finalising our project management structure and will provide more information on this exciting opportunity for women leaders in the South West.
To find our more please contact Dartmoor TSA Director Martin Smith firstname.lastname@example.org